Our Commitment To Privacy
I. WHICH SITES ARE COVERED BY THIS POLICY?
- II. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER?
SSI collects two types of information from visitors to the Site: (A) Personally Identifiable Information, and (B) Non-personally Identifiable Information (information such as IP Addresses and cookies, which allow for a better use of the Site). Uses of this information are discussed in Section III.
- A. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
SSI will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to SSI on a voluntary basis upon request. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to; name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card information.
- Registration for our website and using iMap solutions:
Our Site may at times require a registration, which enables full access to the information and resources offered on our Site. An email address correlated to you individually must be supplied to register. Also, during process of working with imap products, personally identifiable information will be collected. Paid Products and Services:
We may charge fees for select products and services. To enable the purchase of these and other products, we may collect your telephone number, e-mail address, billing address and credit card information.
- Your submission of others’ Personally Identifiable Information:
The Site may allow you to submit information about other people. For example, you may submit a person’s name and email address to send an article. Additionally, you may purchase a gift online and submit the person’s name, address and telephone number for delivery. This information will only be used for the stated purpose.
- Special Offers:
On occasion, we may collect personal information from you in connection with opt-in special offers. Such information will be used as indicated at the time of collection.
- Listservs and E-mail Newsletters:
On occasion, we may collect personal information from you in connection with opt-in listservs and e-mail newsletters. Such information will be used as indicated at the time of collection.
- B. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
In addition to personally identifiable information that you provide to SSI, we may also collect and store certain non-personally identifiable information when using the Site. Non-personally identifiable information helps SSI improve the experience you and other visitors have with the Site.
- For example, we may collect your IP address, browser information and reference site domain, as well as related non-personally identifiable information such as the date on which you visit the Site. This non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally and is only used in the aggregate.
- As is common practice among web sites, we use “cookies” and similar technologies. Cookies are text files which store your preferences. No personal information is ever stored in a SSI cookie, even if you have entered your name or email address on other parts of the Site.
- You can prevent cookies from being used by changing the settings in your web browser, but please be aware that by doing so you may be unable to fully utilize the Site.
- III. HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION GATHERED ON THE SITE?
In order to enhance your experience with us and manage our business, we collect and maintain personally identifiable information about you. SSI may collect personally identifiable information from many sources to understand and meet your needs for either commercial or non-commercial purposes. SSI may use, share or provide this information to strategic partners as part of a commercial relationship. Shared or sold to partners of SSI. This information may include information from (a) Site visitors who have provided any information to SSI by registering at our Site or signing up for a product, newsletter or listserv; (b) audience members who e-mail questions about membership or programs; or (c) online buyers who make a purchase. This information may include, but not limited to:
- Site users’ e-mail addresses;
- Name, addresses and telephone numbers;
- Date of birth and gender;
- Nationality and country of residence;
- Information from a survey, focus group, or other marketing research;
- Information provided to customer-service representatives for research and to resolve certain issues or questions;
- We may use your personally identifiable information for the activities described in the previous sections, and for internal purposes and marketing such as assisting in the selection and development processes.
- We will typically explain the extent of use at the time you are asked to provide personally identifiable information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by SSI for these purposes, you can simply “opt-out.” Under certain circumstances, opting-out may prevent your participation in activities for which personally identifiable information is needed, as in contests.
- In certain cases, we contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf. These service providers may maintain the same customer databases
- SSI and its service providers will use these addresses to respond to the purposes for which we collected the information, to provide services and to operate the Site, including to respond to inquiries, to process credit card payments and billing, shipping, e-mail distribution, list processing and analysis, promotions management, to send information about SSI programs, Site, services, membership or to correspond about a purchase or product offers. For example, SSI may use a third party fulfillment agent to manage orders, credit card processing, order fulfillment and shipping, and related tasks.
- SSI service providers have access to your personally identifiable information as necessary to provide certain services on SSI’s behalf. They are required to maintain the privacy of all such information in their possession or control and can only use the information on SSI’s behalf for the purpose that we have contracted them, for example processing your order or sending you a series newsletter. They are not authorized to use your information for any other purpose.
- We, or SSI’s service providers, may release personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that the law or legal process requires it or SSI has received a valid administrative request from a government agency.
- We reserve the right to send you e-mail relating to your account status. This includes order confirmations, renewal/expiration notices, notices of credit card problems, other transactional e-mails and notifications about major changes to our Site.
- We offer several e-mail newsletters and list serves. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, you may opt-out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter.
- We use non-personally identifiable information, such as IP addresses or demographic information (zip codes for example) to tailor our Site to the interests/locations of our users and to measure traffic within our Site.
- SSI uses the content from the cookies to deliver relevant local resources, remember browser preferences, and improve our visitors’ experiences on the Site.
- If you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip on www.imapmyteam.com a cookie may remember which media player and type of clip you prefer to use on your computer. You can change your video and audio preferences at any time, or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
- A cookie will tell SSI which pages you visit and the amount of time between each page visit. The cookie does not remember any information about you or your computer; it just helps SSI monitor Site usage and traffic; for example, it allows SSI to measure the number of repeat visitors in a given month. This data is only used in the aggregate.
Additionally, cookies may be used on pay sites to (1) identify the terms of any special offers you may have obtained, such as price discount or free trial period AND/OR (2) automatically sign you in so that you do not have to enter a username and password each time you visit.
- IV. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR CORRECT INFORMATION?
Access to personally identifiable information that is collected from our Site may be accessible for a limited period of time from the point of collection, such as where you provide an e-mail address in order to receive an e-mail newsletter or a reminder about an upcoming program or event. In other cases, personally identifiable information may be maintained, edited and deleted at your discretion at any time after the information has been submitted to SSI. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Site, you may be able to access that account to review the information you provided and make corrections and updates as necessary. However this feature is not available throughout our Site where you are not asked to create an account. Therefore, if at any time, you prefer not to receive e-mail from a service that you subscribed to without creating a personal account, simply get out by following the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each e-mail.
- You may also send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting access to or correction of your personally identifiable information. For verification purposes please include your first name, last name, e-mail address and the password you use for said service.
- SSI, Inc.
700 Barksdale RD, Suite 6
Newark, DE 19711
Email us at email@example.com .
- V. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION PROTECTED?
SSI is committed to ensuring the security of the data provided by Site users. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online.
- VI. DO YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL CHILDREN’S GUIDELINES?
SSI creates a general audience Site and does not knowingly collect or store personally identifiable information about or provided by children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide any information that would or could identify you personally. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information, please let SSI know so we may use commercially reasonably efforts to remove that information.